Spencer + Sidney

Spencer + Sidney
Pirates of Klein Barnitz

Dienstag, 15. März 2011

Conversations - Part 1

OK, there are so many developments happening with the boys - I wanted to find somewhere to share and keep these memories while also staying somewhat up to date on online stuff - hence I have decided to start a blog. 

Sidney and Spencer are being raised bilingually. They have started talking a lot - and the funny thing is, when they talk to each other - they talk in German. 

Here just a couple of excerpts of the some of the latest conversations I have caught:

Wednesday March 9, 2011.
Both boys sitting in their room playing legos - building tall buildings (turning Torsos (like in Malmö, Sweden).
Sidney (to Spencer): "Und ich habe blaue Augen".  (and I have blue eyes)
Spencer (to Sidney): "ich habe braune Augen und Mama hat rote Augen" (I have brown eyes - and mom has red eyes).
Sidney (to Spencer): "Und Papa hat Grüne Augen" (and dad has green eyes).

OK - so my eyes are red when I don't get enough sleep or when I have been drinking in excess - but on this Wednesday - neither was the case.  Nor are Daniel's eyes green - they are brown.  I just found it fascinating that they are talking about something like this with each other.

Tuesday March 14, 2011.
It is 6:30am - Sidney comes running out of the bedroom squealing with joy as he wakes up.  (I peek in - Spencer is still in bed).  I tell Sidney - Papa is out walking Bob and Mama is going to take a shower - you can lay on Mama's bed and watch cartoons until I am finished.  10 Minutes later, I come out of the shower to find my room empty - cartoons on.  However, the light in the boys room is on, and they are sorting through their tools deciding who gets a wrench and who gets a hammer, etc.  They don't notice me watching, but I hear Sidney talking to Spencer.
"And look here Spencer - on this finger I have an oua - and here too"
"And Spencer look over here on my knee, here is an oua too."
Spencer still waking up, just nods his head.
Their conversations remind me of 'older' folks talking about their health problems.
I go to dry my hair and get ready . . . and I hear sprudels of conversation coming out of the room - beautiful.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hey, Welcome to the blogosphere. Look forward to hearing about the adventures. - jeremy

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Love it! I've added the link to my favorites!!

    AntwortenLöschen